Dao News

 

YOUR GUT: MORE AMAZING DATA

 

“In actuality, in sheer numbers, the microbes (bacteria) in your boy and their genes dwarf the rest of your genes (your human genome). Yes, it turns out that you, me and the rest of us are only about 10% human! The other 90% of genetic information (genes) that exerts tremendous influence over your health comes from your microbes.”                                                             Health Alert, VOL. 30, No. 10

 

The #1 science story for  2013 was the Microbiome Project. This a major undertaiking to study and genetically map all the bugs in our gut. And did it ever turn up startling data.  We always thought our genes and our brain controlled our health. But over 90% of all our genes are not human.  They are instead the genes of the microbes (bugs) throughout our body and gut.

 

And not only does our gut flora (the microbes in our gut) play a critical role in gut health—as in diarrhea, colitis, constipation, nausea, vomiting, gas, cramps, chronic gut pain, diverticulitis, colon and rectal cancer, and more—our flora also influences our odds of getting, preventing, and curing diabetes, obesity, autoimmune disease, heart disease, emotional problems like depression and anxiety, insomnia, and much, much more.

 

Today even more research is churning out new information about our gut and its flora.  With additional scientists in China adding their research, we have now mapped and cataloged 9.8 million genes of gut bacteria—three times the initial mapping. And new bacteria are still popping up in our guts—like Oenococcus, a bacterium used in the fermentation of wine!

 

The latest research shows that your gut flora is intimately involved in the critical functions of metabolism (how your body utilizes food for energy), and perhaps more important, detoxification of foreign substances.  That means your gut bacteria actually detoxify poisons and toxins for you, saving your from horrible sickness.  And of late, we now know that your gut bacteria are even involved in the worldwide super problem of antibiotic resistance, and in particular penicillin resistance.  That means your gut bugs could spell the difference whether an antibiotic could save your life when needed, or be useless due to antibiotic resistance.

 

The gut Microbiome Project is, in my mind, the most interesting study of all time in medicine. And it continues to grow. Without having to understand the microbiology, the take-home message is this: you must keep your gut and its flora healthy. And if you have gut problems that you cannot solve, be sure to see my article “You Gut Bacteria Are Directly Linked to Diabetes, Obesity, Heart Disease, and More.” Health Alert VOL 31. No. 3.  It will simply explain how to treat your gut and its flora. Or just write me a note and explain your gut problems. I will see that you get the information you need to regain your health FOR FREE

 

The Most Important Steps to Take

 

Don’t want to get that involved? Then just take a few simple steps over the next 9 months.

1) Change your diet to a Mediterrenean diet. Eat lots of your foods raw, and eat gut-healthy foods like bananas, oats, beans, beets, onions, nuts, bran, avocados, sauerkraut, raw milk and cheese, and healthy eggs.

2) Start a good pre- and probiotic. The best is ProSynbiotic (2 tablets daily for 9 months) from Standard Process.

3) To heal the lining of your small and large intestine, use the healing properties of allantoin and tillandsia.  Take the product Okra-Pepsin E3 (4 capsules daily for 9 months) from Standard Process

4) To keep your gut healthy, keep it acid. Use the amazing product Zymex (2 per meal for 9 months) from Standard Process.  Zymex is made from a velvety mold that is grown on a culture of beets, tillandsia, and wheat germ.  It helps to acidify your gut.  Healthy bacteria love the acidic gut and unhealthy gas-forming bacteria hate it. Zymex is also highly detoxifying in your gut.

5) Try to quit or avoid antacids.  They are the scourge of your gut Instead use the information on page 107 of your Encyclopedia of Pragmatic and Holistic Medicine or 45 –Day Health Turnaround book.  This will show you how to perform the Zypan Test to determine if you have insufficient stomach acid—the main cause of acid indigestion.